Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm off to the ETC

They've so much money they can buy other countries. Assholes.
So I've got about 2 and a half hours until I have to get a bus to take me to the Pale so I have time to throw up a post before I race off. I've been chatting with some people other there and the cost of the place is terrifying - it's €12 for a Big Mac meal. That's $16 to the Yanks out there.

Thankfully there are some saving graces - I'm bringing some food and getting as much booze as I can at the airport and I've been reliably informed there's some quality beers available in the local supermarket for €6, even though the exchange rate is murder at the moment.


But onto the 40k. As you saw in our last post we were deducted 20 Battle Points for submitting a late list. Thankfully it wasn't Team Points: losing 20 out of 960 is a lot better than 2 out of 12.

I was going to go into our team's expectations but I don't want to jinx any of us so I'll just say that we're obviously hoping to do better than we did last year. I've an interview lined up with Pat from the 11th Company to give a run-down afterwards although there should be round-by-round updates on Rankings HQ (assuming they don't botch it and leave it to twitterati like last year). Sadly I won't have access to a computer to do regular updates so I'll just have to rely on sending text messages home and people to update things on w-ired. At least I'll have a camera on-hand to take a few pics.

I just have to remember my list of things to do in-game to make sure the team does as well as it can. If anyone reading this is heading out there I'll be the drunk guy with the Green/White/Orange tricolour. One of them. The loud one. Shouting 'wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew' at the top of his voice.

By the way, some assholes from Skibb have started a blog. Go read it and they might be encouraged to churn out more stuff and take their trolling away from our forum.

I'll do a post-ETC post next week. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck dude.

    Split who to support! Alex (Killswitch) my blog buddy repping UK (and where I live lol). Come from an Irish family.

    Think I might have to support the tricolor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck over Merv and thanks for the note on our Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too late for you to see it, but best of luck Baldy. Show the Swiss that beer helps efficiency!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers lads. Good to hear from ye, especially you Bully - we love the support we get due to Grandmothers emigrating. :)

    @Caolán: Just sharing the love. Now get back to writing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...